For those who don’t understand Hebrew this is an ad for coffee.
The text says
“Elul Elul! Just wake up!”
It’s referring to Jews who take particular care to improve themselves and repent during Elul, before the Yamim Noraim.
I was planning to drop National Politics to continue Hebrew but
a) I’m the only student that has expressed interest
b) the course coordinator who teaches the subject is taking a leave of absence
He suggested that I take a subject about modern Israel instead - using the “you don’t do exams only two essays” to draw me in.
So…to study national politics or Israel?
Pros of national politics
1. I studied a similar subject last year
2. Did well and enjoyed it
3. This year is an election year so it will be really interesting
4. My timetable fits and is all good
Cons of national politics
1. I might be bored because I studied it last year
2. I’m more interested in international politics that national politics
Pros of Modern Israel course
1. It’s what I do what to learn
2. It’s easy to do well in
Cons of Modern Israel
1. My timetable is already all set - I’ll have to play around with it again
2. I’m not sure if it will count towards a politics major since this is part of a Jewish Civilisation and Israel major
3. I did a course like this two years ago
Made this to place under ima’s hospital wristband #getwellsoon #prayer #hebrew #judaism #psalms
Benny Friedman - Yesh Tikvah - There is hope
English and Hebrew lyrics included in the under bar.
I’ve heard this song so many times over the past couple of months - people I know just keep playing it! The words are very relevant to us and are truly beautiful.
נפתלי כלפה וגד אלבז - החזירנו Naftali Kalfa ft Gad Elbaz - Hachazirenu
Remember Hallel today!